Please click here for the 2023 Tech Awards Press Release.
Woman of the Year Award - Sponsored by FDM
Awarded to one passionate & dedicated woman whose vision, innovative approach and success make her an outstanding role model, encouraging more women to choose a career in technology. The Woman of the Year Award is presented to one outstanding woman from all finalists.
Chief Executive Officer, Avanade
Apprentice Award - Sponsored by SSE
This is awarded to a young woman apprentice who is a game-changer and is excelling in her early career.
Software Engineer, Lloyds Banking Group
– Software Engineer, American Express
– Undergraduate Engineer, The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
– Business & Technology Delivery New Associate, Accenture
– Technology Degree Apprentice, PwC
– Technology Apprentice, Cybersecurity & Technology Controls, JP Morgan Chase & Co
This is awarded to a woman in academia who has made an outstanding contribution to technology and science and whose work has made or has the potential to make a significant long-term impact in STEM.
Professor in Statistical Literacy, University of Manchester
– Director of Development, Engagement and Marketing at The Mary Rose Trust, PhD candidate at CCIXR, University of Portsmouth
– Chief Academic Officer, New Model Institute for
Technology and Engineering (NMITE)
– Professor & Royal Society Research Fellow, University of Bath
– PhD Candidate, University of Southampton/The Faraday Institution
CTO/CIO of the Year Award - Sponsored by Accenture
This will be awarded to a female Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Officer or equivalent board level executive who promotes meaningful and tangible technological change in an organisation and demonstrates outstanding leadership and/or innovation.
Chief Technology Officer, GroupM - MediaCom
– CTO, Carbon8 Systems Ltd
– Former Chief Technology Officer & Interim Head of Engineering & DevOps, Irwin Mitchell
– President/CIO, Slice Wireless Solutions
Cyber Security Award - Sponsored by BAE Systems
This is awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role and making a tangible difference to her business in the field of cyber security.
Director Cyber Security Strategy and Architecture, Bupa
– Cloud Compliance Lead, Willis Towers Watson
– Sales Capture, Accenture UK Limited
– Head of Security Operations, M&G plc
– Senior Security Policy Specialist, Lloyds Banking Group
– Vice President – Global Cybersecurity Education Program Manager, JPMorgan Chase
Digital Star Award - Sponsored by Lloyds Banking Group
This is awarded to a woman who is excelling in a digital role. This could include innovative digital content, social media, web development or developing online solutions.
Scrum Master, Haleon
– Associate Partner, Oliver Wyman
– Principal Architect, Kainos
– Digital Experience Lead, Natwest Group
– Cloud Engagement Consultant, Willis Towers Watson
– Software Engineer, American Express
Digital Transformation Leader Award - Sponsored by Bupa
This is awarded to a female leader who has led the digital transformation of an organisation as either a response to the COVID-19 pandemic, or as part of a wider business plan.
Li Qun Taylor
Head of Digital Channels Technology, Retail Digitech, Natwest Group
Irene Acedo-Rico Gonzalez
– EMEA Lenovo Channel Sales Executive Director, Lenovo
– Management Consultant, Oaklin
– Head of Delivery, M&G plc
– Health Lead, Palantir
– Director, PwC
Entrepreneur Award - Sponsored by Howden Group
This is awarded to an owner/operator of a technology business whose vision and talent will inspire others to start their own technology-related venture (trading for a minimum of 24 months).
Chief Executive Officer,
– Founding CEO, ORCHA
– CEO & Chief Believer, Stratigens (from Talent Intuition Ltd)
– CEO, Taploy Ltd
Fiona Roach Canning
– CEO, Pollinate
Innovator Award - Sponsored by American Express
This is awarded to a woman designing, developing, researching, implementing or being exceptionally creative with technology in an unconventional and innovative way.
Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Cute Circuit
– Software engineer, Lloyds Banking Group
– Managing Director, Accenture
– Founder and CEO, AGAM International
– CEO, BankEnergi
Leader Award - Sponsored by Twilio
This will be awarded to the woman operating in a senior technology role within her organisation. She will be making a contribution to the strategic direction of the business.
Chief Information Security Officer, M&G plc
– Manager, Agile Delivery Lead, Capital One
– Chief Executive Officer, Avanade
– Director, Finance Automation & Change, Centrica plc
– Senior Director of Engineering, Workhuman
– Head of International & Complex Payments Technology, Natwest Group
– Global Retail Programs Director, Lenovo
Male Agent of Change Award - Sponsored by Centrica PLC
This is awarded to a male agent of change for their active commitment to encouraging, advancing, sponsoring or championing the progress of women working in technology.
Head of Engineering, Natwest Group
– Digital Services Director, Kainos
– Technology Impact Leader, PwC
– Bristol Community Manager, SETsquared
– Partner – EMEA head Infosys Consulting Talent & Organisation Practice, Infosys Consulting
– Senior Director, Discover Financial Services
Tom Ilube CBE
– CEO, Crossword Cybersecurity plc
One to Watch Award - Sponsored by Computacenter
This is awarded to a girl aged 11-18 who is actively encouraging girls to study STEM subjects at school-level or making waves in the tech space. This award seeks to identify young game-changers and is open to inspirational students.
Student, Lady Eleanor Holles School
– Student, Manchester High School for Girls
– Student, Bedford Girls School
– Student, Samuel Ryder Academy
– Co-founder, Mission Encodeable
Rising Star Award - Sponsored by SUSE
This is awarded to a woman aged 26 or under who is excelling in her technology career, making a valuable contribution to her organisation.
Former Advanced Consultant Engineer, Capgemini Engineering
– Project Manager, Shared Services Connected Ltd (SSCL)
– Customer Success Associate, JP Morgan Chase
– Information Service Engineer, ModUk- British Army
– Senior Software Engineer, Leonardo
– Senior Technical Consultant, IBM
Software Engineer Award - Sponsored by Discover
Awarded to a woman who has made a significant difference to the art of software engineering. She has built something new, shifted the art of the possible and is moving the profession forward.
R&D Director, Creative Assembly
– Senior Software Engineer, American Express
– Senoi0r Principal Engineer, REPL Group – part of Accenture
– Senior Test Engineer, Booking.com
– Developer Evangelist, R3
– Lead Engineer, Natwest Group
– Head of Digital Technology, Bupa
Team Leader Award - Sponsored by Fujitsu
This is awarded to a woman whose team leadership has greatly contributed to the organisation’s success.
Inclusive Design Lead, Deloitte Digital
– Director of Product Delivery & Integration, Global Consumer Services Technology, American Express
– Senior Producer, Sports Interactive
– Head of Geospatial Technology & Standards,
Office for National Statistics
– Pathology Quality Lead, HALO
– Principal Product Owner, Discover Financial Services
Tech For Good Award - Sponsored by RS Group
This is awarded to a woman who is driving forward an initiative that uses tech for good – whether as part of a social enterprise, diversity and inclusion, a focus on sustainability or any other area of impact.
Chief Product Officer, Awina
– Founder & CEO, Tenebra Studios
– Inclusive Design Principal, Kainos
– Global Forensic Accountant, Accenture
– Director of Talent & Social Impact, Creative Assembly
– Executive Assistant & Corporate Social Investment (CSI) Champion, Lenovo SA