The Diversity Journey
Returning for its 12th year this established industry event is continuing its mission to uncover female role models, identify male agents of change and transform the industry perception.
With Brexit approaching the industry is set to face a period of uncertainty and change. With this in mind, it is more crucial than ever to have a multi-skilled workforce to manage this change and to build a team of balance and productivity.
But Brexit is not the only challenge on the horizon, As the sector keeps pace with new technology, so many roles increasingly require a multi-skilled workforce covering project management, sales, customer services and planning in addition to the more traditional driving and warehouse positions.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The awards are designed to be as inclusive as possible and are open to women at all stages of their career, from those who go above and beyond the call of duty in their role, to leaders in organisations.
For each category, there will be an ‘Above and Beyond Award’ and a ‘Leader Award’ (excluding the Industry Champion of the Year Award , Male Agent of Change Award and the Apprentice of the Year Award where there will only be one winner per category):
Above and Beyond – Celebrates a woman that has truly gone above and beyond her role to help drive the organisation's success. This is awarded to a woman at any stage of her career, in recognition of her commitment to going the ‘extra mile’.
Leader – Celebrates a woman operating in a senior role within her organisation. She will be making a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the business.
- The Freight Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating and excelling in their role within freight (this Award does not include passenger transport).
- The Customer/Passenger Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is excelling in their role for customers/passengers in transport, logistics and Freight
- The Infrastructure Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating or excelling in their role within transportation and infrastructure.
- The Supply Chain Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating and excelling in her role within the supply chain environment.
- The Warehousing Award – This will be awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role within a warehousing environment.
- Industry Champion Award - Awarded to a woman who is championing the progress of women working in transport and logistics
- Male Agent of Change - Awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing the progress of women working in transport and logistics
- Apprentice of the Year Award - This will be awarded to any male or female apprentice excelling in either transport and/or logistics *New for 2019*
Nominations Open: 3 December 2018
Nominations Close: 11 February 2019 - extended until 25 February 2019 - Now closed
Judging Day: 8 April 2019
Awards Ceremony: 13 June 2019
ALIGN YOUR BRAND WITH A MORE INCLUSIVE FUTURE
Supported by the most forward-thinking brands, the Awards champion women achieving career success and breaking glass ceilings in Transport & Logistics as well as the companies that are supporting them to do so. Aligning your brand with the Awards demonstrates your commitment to achieving gender diversity, and investing in your female workforce. The Awards are also an excellent opportunity to engage clients and motivate teams in an inspiring setting. To find out more about how your company can get involved contact firstname.lastname@example.org