women shifting perceptions in a changing landscape
The 2018 FTA everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards are now open for nominations!
The Awards uncover and celebrate the most inspirational women working within Transport & Logistics and raise awareness of the diverse opportunities available – encouraging greater numbers of women to work in the sector. Now in its 11th year, the 2018 awards will showcase the breadth and diversity of talent with a special focus on women shifting perceptions in a changing landscape.
With the sector already having experienced a number of shifts in change, bringing both opportunity and risk, in areas such as tech and customer expectations the landscape is set to transform even further in the future. Therefore it is more important than ever to uncover role models to bring visibility to the sector and highlight the variety of roles arising that are available to women.
Becoming a finalist is an excellent way to raise both individual and company profiles, as well as encourage more women and young girls to consider a career in transport and logistics.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The awards are designed to be as inclusive as possible and are open to women at all stages of their career, from those who go above and beyond the call of duty in their role, to leaders in organisations.
New for 2018 is the Male Agent of Change category award, awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing the progress of women working in transport and logistics. The Industry Champion Award also recognises a man or woman who is championing the progress of women working in transport and logistics.
EXCLUSIVE NOMINATION RECEPTION
We will be holding an exclusive Nomination Reception to celebrate the 2018 FTA everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards. This evening of drinks and networking is kindly being hosted by KPMG, 20 Grosvenor St, Mayfair, London W1K 4QJ at Thursday 18 January, 18:30-21:00.
The Nomination Reception will see over 50 leaders and supporters of women in the transport & logistics industry come together for an evening of networking and inspiring speeches. You will get the chance to meet some of the Ambassadors we have recognised in previous years, as well as nominating some new ones.
To register your interest in attending the Reception, please email email@example.com with your name, job title and company.
For each category, there will be an ‘Above and Beyond Award’ and a ‘Leader Award’ (excluding the Industry Champion of the Year Award and the Male Agent of Change Award where there will only be one winner per category):
Above and Beyond – Celebrates a woman that has truly gone above and beyond her role to help drive the organisation's success. This is awarded to a woman at any stage of her career, in recognition of her commitment to going the ‘extra mile’.
Leader – Celebrates a woman operating in a senior role within her organisation. She will be making a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the business.
- The Freight Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating and excelling in their role within freight (this Award does not include passenger transport).
- The Passenger Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is excelling in their role in passenger transport.
- The Infrastructure Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating or excelling in their role within transportation and infrastructure.
- The Supply Chain Award - This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating and excelling in her role within the supply chain environment.
- The Warehousing Award – This will be awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role within a warehousing environment.
- Industry Champion Award - also recognises a man or woman who is championing the progress of women working in transport and logistics
- Male Agent of Change - awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing the progress of women working in transport and logistics *new for 2018*
Click here to download your nomination toolkit for further information regarding the award categories and for top tips on submitting a strong nomination.
ALIGN YOUR BRAND WITH A MORE INCLUSIVE FUTURE
Supported by the most forward-thinking brands, the Awards champion women achieving career success and breaking glass ceilings in Transport & Logistics as well as the companies that are supporting them to do so. Aligning your brand with the Awards demonstrates your commitment to achieving gender diversity, and investing in your female workforce. The Awards are also an excellent opportunity to engage clients and motivate teams in an inspiring setting. To find out more about how your company can get involved contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations Open: 4 December 2017
Nominations Close: 12 February 2018
Filming Day: TBC
Awards Ceremony: 14 June 2018