Nominations are now closed.
For each category, there will be an ‘Above and Beyond Award’ and a ‘Leader Award’ (excluding the Industry Champion of the Year Award):
Above and Beyond – Celebrates a woman that has truly gone above and beyond her role to help drive the organisation's success. This is awarded to a woman at any stage of her career, in recognition of her commitment to going the ‘extra mile’.
Leader – Celebrates a woman operating in a senior role within her organisation. She will be making a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the business.
The Freight Award
This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating and excelling in their role within freight.
Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are innovating in the sector. This could include working on solutions to increase more freight on our limited capacity roads/rail/air/sea routes or new ways to predict and minimise disruption. This Award does not include passenger transport.
The Passenger Award
This will be awarded to a woman who is excelling in their role within passenger transport.
Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are improving the customer experience. This could include technology initiatives, introducing new measures to improve customer satisfaction or introducing new measures to remove obstacles and disruption. This does not include leisure.
The Infrastructure Award
This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating or excelling in their role within transportation and infrastructure.
Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are improving road or rail infrastructure. This can include planning and development, logistics, operations or other advancements to improve the movement of goods, people and services.
The Supply Chain Award
This will be awarded to a woman who is innovating and excelling in her role within the supply chain environment. Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are improving processes within supply chain. This could include technology initiatives, improved analytics, cost-saving measures or improving the customer experience.
The Warehousing Award
This will be awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role within a warehousing environment.
Entrants for this Award should demonstrate how they are innovating and improving warehouse operations. This could include technology initiatives, improved analytics to improve warehouse operations or improved processes to reduce costs.
The INDUSTRY CHAMPION Award
Awarded to one individual only, male or female, who plays a vital role in attracting, recruiting and retaining women in transport and logistics. Entrants for this Award should demonstrate the impact that they have had on attracting and retaining women in the industry. This may be through initiatives that they have introduced, new measures put in place, or activities that they do externally to promote women in the industry.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
Entrants can either nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else, they can enter a maximum of two categories and must:
- work within the transport & logistics sector
- be based or have their chief operations in the UK
- be available for the filming day (TBC) and Awards ceremony in London on 21 June 2017
3 TIPS TO ENTER A GREAT NOMINATION
1. Complete all sections
To maintain the integrity of the Awards we work with our judges to ensure the questions asked solicit the information they need to make informed decisions. As a result, it’s important that you complete all sections, providing tangible evidence where possible.
2. Word limits are important
If your responses are below the word limit they are unlikely to be considered and if they are in excess of the word limit they will be marked down by the judges.
3. Supporting evidence is an advantage.
Nominations within supporting evidence will be scored higher. It must be:
- compiled in one document
- no longer than four sides of A4
- clearly labelled
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 13 February
THE JUDGING PROCESS
- All entrants will be contacted by 14 April 2017
- If selected, the entrant must be available for the filming day (TBC) in Central London and the Awards ceremony in London on 21 June 2017. This is a condition of entry.
- There will be two winners per category (one for the ‘Above and Beyond’ Award and one for the ‘Leader’ Award) and one recipient of the Industry Champion Award and the Woman of the Year Award.
- All decisions regarding the judging process are made by our independent judging panel. The everywoman team do not influence this process. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into before or after the judging. Due to the large number of nominations received, the judging panel are unable to provide individual feedback.
The information provided will only be disclosed to the staff of everywoman, our key partner FTA and the judging panel.
Enquiries: Please contact 020 7981 2574 or email: email@example.com