Take personal responsibility for everything you do
Claire was appointed to the newly created role of Director of Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations in June 2020 having previously held the role of the Head of Investor Relations since March 2018. As the Director of Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations, Claire is responsible for challenging the delivery of Group’s purpose and strategy as well as leading the Group’s sustainability and brand strategies. As the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement provider, Phoenix purpose is helping people secure a life of possibilities and supporting customers as they journey to and through retirement.
Claire joined the Group in 2000 and has held a number of senior positions, including Director of the Group's SII Delivery Programme. She has worked on a part time basis for the majority of her time with Phoenix and continues to have a “working from home” contract, acting as an ambassador for flexible working. Claire is a qualified chartered accountant.
- Don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone, you learn more about yourself if you do.
- Be positive – focus on what you can do rather than what you can’t.
- Know when to ask for help and be happy to help others in return.
- People matter – treat everyone with respect and invest in your relationships.
- Know your own red lines around work life balance – and stick to them.
the most valuable piece of advice SOMEONE HAS GIVEN YOU
Take personal responsibility for everything you do.
Your key piece advice to someone looking to progress
Take opportunities that sound interesting, even it if isn’t clear where they lead – they can be the most rewarding and career enhancing.