Grit! Focus on what you are trying to achieve and do not pay
attention to anyone with negative views.
Conceived of Akoni as a frustrated SME Director holding £50m cash, and saver with very few market options. Felicia has significant experience in high-growth Financial Services businesses and startups operating in the UK FCA regulated environment including Alexander Forbes, Media Services, Primary Group & Howden, and has launched a number of digital market platforms. Felicia is a Chartered Accountant (SA), Bcomm InfoSystems with an Executive MBA from London Business School (cum laude). Separate to Akoni, Felicia is a co-founder of a female founders group called Hive which supports entrepreneurs. Also, Felicia is on the foundation board of TEDxEuston, which spreads inspiring stories about Africa.
- Always behave above your current level or pay grade - be the consummate professional and go the extra mile, continuing to apply yourself and be fully committed.
- I also believe strongly in fixating on your vision and pushing forward, through all difficulties, so finding a way of seeing each situation as a mountain to climb and conquer, developing an attitude of strength and professionally delivering develops your dependence and credibility.
- Hold yourself to the highest standards of professionalism and governance & always understand your client's interests and needs. .
- Know the market trends and how these impact your clients, from innovation to regulation and competitive drivers - be the expert always keeping your client ahead of the market.
- Work harder than anyone else.
the most valuable piece of advice SOMEONE HAS GIVEN YOU
Be resilient and determined.
Your key piece advice to someone looking to progress
Grit! Focus on what you are trying to achieve and do not pay attention to anyone with negative views.